Lighthouses in Los Angeles County

Lighthouse When Built
Point Vicente 1926
Point Fermin 1874 (no longer operational)
Los Angeles Harbor 1913
Long Beach Harbor 1949


In 1987, the historic Los Angeles Lighthouse, built in 1913, became the first California lighthouse to rely on solar power. Two years later, after complaints about its brightness, it became the first lighthouse in the nation to switch back to a conventional energy source.


The Angeles Gate/Los Angeles Harbor Lighthouse is the only lighthouse in the world that emits an emerald-colored beacon.


The Point Fermin Lighthouse, is one of the oldest wooden lighthouses on the Pacific Coast, Two sisters ran the lighthouse when it began operations in 1874.


Also visit the Point Vicente Lighthouse.