Please email us if you encounter information in this website for which you know there is an update or correction. Thank You!
Requests to License LAAlmanac.com Content
We permit use of our content for Educational Use as described below. Our map images, however, may NOT be used in any Internet web pages for any purpose even for Educational Use. We do not charge license fees for Educational Use of our content as follows:
1. Use by students as part of their individual classroom assignments/projects at any accredited school or college (with the exception of material for sale or used to raise funds).
2. Use by teachers as part of their individual classroom instructional material at any accredited school or college (with the exception of material for sale or used to raise funds).
For Educational Use as described above, we do not require that you contact us for permission. We do, however, require that you comply with the following:
1. A credit is published with the content as follows: [Table, Map, etc.] courtesy of Los Angeles Almanac @ LAAlmanac.com
2. Our copyright notice in the content image may not be removed or altered nor can any logos be added.
3. Content cannot be incorporated into any material for sale or used to raise funds, such as a book or merchandise, even if for non-profit purposes (such would be considered commercial use - see the following).
With the exception of "Educational Use" as described above, use of our content, in whole or in part, is considered "Commercial Use." This applies to use in any media on the web and/or in print, including editorial use (such as a newsletter, book, or informational website). Internal use by any organization, whether commercial or non-commercial, would be considered "commercial use." Use of our content for the purposes of raising funds is considered "commercial use." Non-profit use except as provided for "educational use" is considered "commercial use." With few exceptions, we are no longer licensing use of our map images for any purpose in any Internet web pages. See Process for obtaining a license below for instructions on requesting a commercial use license.
Unauthorized use, whether intentional or accidental, will result in a fee of triple the fair market value, if paid within 10 days, or ten times the fair market value, if paid after that.
* License fees are paid in advance by bank check and the license is authorized by returning check and a signed agreement by mail.
* Licensing may be cancelled and fees refunded up to 30 days from the effective date of the license.
* Publications containing the following content will not receive approval for a license:
-- Advocacy of violence or intolerance against any
individual or organization or any racial, ethnic, or religious, group
Contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please provide the following (being as descriptive as possible):
1. Specific content to be used (provide the
web page address in our website) and label, title or other description:
We may follow with additional questions. Please be patient. At the time of your request, we might be committed to other projects that leave us with limited time to promptly review incoming license requests. Be aware that the process for arranging a license agreement could extend over several weeks. If you have a short deadline for obtaining a license, we might not be able to respond or arrange a license agreement before or close to your deadline. If you anticipate the need to use our content, we urge you to submit your request as far in advance as possible. We appreciate your consideration.
L.A. Maps Online
Click on Map Above
Copyright © 1998-2014 by Given
Place Media, All Rights Reserved.